Road Trip Tips
12 Best Road Trip Food Ideas
You can only play your favorite road trip games for so long. Let’s face the facts, eventually everyone will have to take a break from all of the road trip fun and games and, you know, live! I’m talking about the basics – eating, sleeping, drinking, etc. To make your your road trip as epic as possible, we’ve compiled a list of the best road trip foods. Road trip foods so good, you’ll forget that you’ve been in the car for three days; so good you’ll never stop at a McDonalds or Waffle House ever again. Have any best road trip foods you’d like to share with us? Let us know!
- Its Filling! – The food should satisfy your hunger for a good amount of time. This will make your ride more enjoyable and will save you some money!
- The Food is not Messy! – Sure Doritos are great, but on a looong road trip they will make your fingers oily, fall and crunch on the floor, and leave a cheesy taste in your mouth that’s hard to get rid of. Make sure that the food you bring is none of these!
- Aroma – We once made the mistake of bringing a salad with lots of onions. It tasted great but made the car smell horrible for a few days.
- Non-Perishable – If you are going to be on the road for multiple days, bringing yogurt is probably not a good idea.
- Resealable – Unless you can eat an entire sleeve of Chips Ahoy in one sitting, you’re going to want road trip food that can be packed up again and saved for later.
Long car rides are tough; Your sleep schedule is altered, your body aches, and most importantly, your stomach suffers. But even with the chatter, here are the best road trip foods.
Best Road Trip Food:
1) Cheese/Peanut Butter Crackers
5) Nutri-Grain Bars
5) Cliff-Power-Kind Bars
7) Fruits such as Apples, Bananas, or Pears
8) Trail Mix – Click here for the classic trail mix recipe!
9) Peanut Butter Sandwiches (Fluff optional!)
10) Cookies to satisfy your sweet cravings
11) Muddy Buddies – Click here for the Chex brand recipe!
12) Drinks such as Gatorade, Vitamin Water, or Juice are best (For reseal-ability Avoid cans & juice boxes)
What do you like to eat while on a road trip? What foods can you eat while driving, yet still have enough energy to function once the ride is over? Do you have any road trip foods that you’d like to share? Comment below with the best road trip foods that you can think of!
More Road Trip Games:
- Classic Road Trip Games – These are the road trip games that have been played in cars as old as the Model T. Punch buggy, the license plate game – If you can name it, we’ve got it covered in this list.
- Road Trip Games For Adults – A list of the most raunchy, crude, and messed up road trip games on the internet. These are the games that you play when the kids are not in the car.
- Fan Favorite Road Trip Games – A list of road trip games that the readers of our site mention most often.
- Best Road Trip Songs – We have searched the web, listened to the radio, and dusted off our personal CDs, tapes, and records to find the best songs for getting you in the road trip mood. This is the perfect playlist to get the whole car singing!
- 12 Things To Do On A Roadtrip – Do you often find yourself bored out of your mind while on a family road trip? Well then look no further, you came to the right place!
- Top 9 Road Trip Movies – Road trip movies make for some of the best comedies available. In this list you will find a collection of the best road trip movies of all time. We promise.
- Healthy Road Trip Food Ideas – To make your your road trip as epic as possible, we’ve compiled a list of the best road trip foods. Road trip foods so good, you’ll forget that you’ve been in the car for three days; so good you’ll never stop at a McDonalds or Waffle House ever again.
- Road Trip Checklist – The key to a comfortable road trip is to pack lightly. But what should you pack? Click here to read our full road trip checklist.
- Best Road Trip Trivia Questions – I bet you’ll enjoy these road trip trivia questions far more than you’ll enjoy that back cramp when you get out of the car. Take a look at these road trip trivia questions and see how many of them you can answer.
- 40+ Awesome Road Trip Games – Music, snacks, and conversation can only block the boredom for so long before you’re begging to reach your destination. A road trip isn’t only about getting from point A to point B, it’s about enjoying the ride!
- Best Road Trip Games For Kids – The best list for road trip games for kids. Come and see why this list is so popular on social media!